Friday, January 16, 2009

Kimchi, Mandoo Kalguksu!





This is one of my favorite restaurants near Korea University. When I look for a place to eat lunch near school, it has to meet few criteria. It has to be 1) less than 2-minute walk 2) cost less than 3500 won ($2.70) and 3) refillable. Since it's been like 20 degrees everyday, I only seem to crave hot spicy soup and I found a place that met all my tough criteria. As you can see from the picture above, this noodle house is known for its 바지락 (clam) soup base. I had the 얼큰이 (ulkuni, or spicy) which basically is kimchi noodle soup with mandoo, clams, bean sprouts and of course, kimchi. In a cold weather and also if you have a hang over, this is the perfect soup for you. But the biggest reason why I like this place has to be owner lady who remembers everyone. (She remembered that I still had my cold) She is so nice, she even offers rice if we want to add rice in the soup and yes, soup is refillable. 

3 comments:

Myong Choi said...

브로그 잘 보고 있다!

Kelly Belly =9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Belly =9 said...

Thank u! I'm getting more motivated to post things knowing that I have fans. ㅋㅋ *^^*