Monday, January 19, 2009

Famous Kimchi chige Restaurant near Kwanghwamun

This hole-in-the-wall restaurant is called Kwang hwa mun jip or Kwanghwamun House. It only serves kimchi chige, keranmari (tamagoyaki or egg roll) & spicy pork. Don't be fooled by its shabby appearance because this place is famous! It's located near many foreign embassies and you'll find both local Koreans & foreigners alike lined up to eat here. 

This is serving for 2, cooked right on your table. They have it premade so as soon as you sit, they bring this out even before you order since everyone who comes here eats kimchi chige. It's 10000won but it was more than enough for the 3 of us. 


 
Keranmari or egg roll was really fluffy and perfectly seasoned. I hate egg rolls that are too salty  or sweet but this one was just perfect. The color, texture, taste, and smell... I tried to replicate this at home but it's really hard to make it this fluffy.

3 comments:

Emily Yeirin Nam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Yeirin Nam said...

I went to this place with Bona!!
I LOVE 'egg-roll', it was yammy :P

Kelly Belly =9 said...

I know! I liked it so much that I made the same exact menu, kimchi chige and egg roll for dinner last night. I'd say it was pretty close to the original. ^__^