Monday, January 12, 2009

Live Jazz Cafe in Daehangno







I went to my first live jazz cafe in Daehangno called 천년동안도 (Chun Nyun Dong An Do, which can be translated as 'For Thousand Years.') Daehangno in Seoul is a college town area, with many options of entertainment. It is especially known for its live music cafes, theaters, comedy shows and wine & coffee shops. You'll find many young Koreans (including myself ^_^) hanging around here. Lots of things to see, eat & drink!!

As for the jazz cafe 천년동안도 that we visited, it was very cramped with tables and chairs all facing the stage. You definitely feel like they overstuffed that place with too many tables. We got to sit at the very front which was nice but I had a pillar in front of me that blocked the view of the drummer. He did some cool tricks with his drum sticks but missed most of it from the blocked view. :( oh well. As for the menu, drinks were very expensive. I had to pay 12,000 Won ($15) for my cosmo and 9500 Won ($11) for my Hoegaarden, oh also 8500 Won ($10) for the performance. It got pretty pricey but I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I get to visit more live jazz cafes...

1 comment:

Daniel Lee Gray said...

There are other good clubs in Hongdae. I recommend Club Evans. The drinks aren't as expensive, but there is a 12,000? cover. The music is amazing.