Monday, February 9, 2009

Soondaegook- Korean Sausage Soup



When it turns 12 noon, City Hall area gets flooded with office workers looking for a place to eat. I work in City Hall and our daily dilemma is deciding what to eat for lunch. If I could have it my way, I would always eat here at 참맛참쌀순대, a soondae restaurant. This Korean sausage soup is 아바이순대 abaisoondae, which is North Korean style sausage. I just looooooove this soup. There have been weeks where I ate here everyday and I'm still not sick of it. It's that good.







The soup comes seasoned but it's fairly light. The best way to eat this soup is to add these three condiments into your soup. The first sauce is the red pepper sauce to make it spicy, then you add the salted & fermented shrimp 새우젓 to taste, and lastly sesame seed powder (the more you put, the better it tastes).


Here's how the soup would look like after you add the condiments. The condiments are optional but I think it just tastes so much better with everything on top.

Here's a close up of the abaisoondae. I'm not sure if you can tell the difference but a normal soondae would be flatter and darker in color from the blood. But this soondae is thicker and stuffed with more meat & vegetables which makes it chewier and tastier. I can't wait till my next work day to eat this!

2 comments:

LH said...

is this the soup made from intestines?

LH said...

Is this the soup made from intestines?