Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Outdoor Skating at Seoul Plaza

Seoul City sponsors outdoor skating at the Seoul Plaza in City Hall every year. This year was no different and this facility went up from December and it will close this month. I've never ice skated outdoors so I was estatic when I saw this outdoor rink being set up in front of my internship. Although it took awhile, I'm glad I finally made it to the rink before it closed.

This is where you buy the ticket. You have to buy in one hour increments and it's only 1000won or 75cents, which also includes your skate rental. Isn't that crazy cheap? I just couldn't believe how cheap it was! And one hour is all you need. We went between 7-8pm and it was very crowded and my legs were pretty tired after an hour.


Here's where you rent your skates, at the lending office. I know, I thought the name was funny too. I wonder who does the translations for the City.












In this video, you can see the blue character doing the techtonic dance~
He did several other dances throughout the night which was just too cute~~~



This video just shows people skating around the rink. Enjoy seeing regular Korean people in action!

No comments: