Saturday, February 14, 2009

Diet Yoga

I went to my first diet yoga class on Wednesday. This yoga class is offered at my local community center and I was fairly impressed with its size and the classes offered. It's about 7 stories (including the B-levels) and has indoor olympic size pool, basketball, badminton courts, judo, taekwondo dojos, aerobics room, etc... I originally wanted to take a swim class but I didn't have a swimsuit, swimcap, nor goggles. Well, I had my bikini but in Korea, no one wears bikini indoors, unless you have a perfect body. So I decided I must buy one-piece swimsuit before I start my class. I figured that would be faster than trying to work out and get a perfect body before class starts. Anyway, I signed up for a swim class from next month. Hope this goes well.

As I for my yoga class, it was just as I expected, the class was mostly ajummas with maybe 3-4 younger women. I didn't know what to expect from this diet yoga but it was pretty normal yoga stuff. But I just couldn't stop laughing at ajummas doing the yoga poses. They were doing everything wrong... but trying so hard... I know I suck but it was entertaining just to look at these women.

After an hour of doing yoga poses, boy was I sore! I didn't realize how stiff my body was. I could barely split my legs nor bend my body forward. The instructor kept saying bend your upper body lower and all I could say to her was 'I'm trying! I'm trying!' But when I looked at myself reflected in a mirror in front of me, I did look pretty pathetic. Most of the ajummas were better at stretching than me. I didn't even look like I was trying to bend. I was stiff as a tree. But I'm hoping I'll get better at it soon. Looking forward to my next class!

No comments: