Saturday, February 7, 2009

OTSAL- Indian Restaurant in Anam (Korea U.)


The two times that I tried Indian food was in Hawaii and I have to say, it wasn't my best food experience. But I wanted to give it one more try. There have been many dishes in the past that I hated it in my first try like uni, natto, Vietnamese and Thai food but all these food have become my favorite now. I know some food need a little getting used to and I knew Indian was just that kind of food.



Recommended by my teacher at KU, we decided to give Otsal a try. I've heard several others say good things about this restaurant so I thought this place would be perfect for me to try Indian again. I was very impressed with the interior and the service. The decoration was authentic Indian (according to a friend who just returned from India) and it had warm, welcoming atmosphere with nice touch of Indian crafts and art.














I ordered San Miguel, a draft beer from Philippines. Apparently this beer goes well with the Indian food. I wondered why an Indian beer would not be a better match with Indian food but oh well... what do I know about Indian food right? ^^









Our first order was butter nan 2500 won or $2. We ordered two of these. Very very yummy.










The next dish was tandoori chicken with vegetables. It wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be. 8500won ($7.50)














Third course was lamb curry. Very tasty~















Our last dish was mixed biriyani, which is fried rice with tomatoes, coconuts, and other spices and vegetables.







For our dessert we ordered Blackberry and Mango Lassie (yogurt drink). 2500 won ($2)



I can now proudly say, Indian is in my favorite food category! Can't wait to try more Indian food!!!!

No comments: