Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pork Intestines story...

When I tell people that I like intestines, I always get a weird look. I'm told most girls don't like to eat intestines. But I LOVE intestines...of beef, pork, chicken, you name it! I like it in a soup or stir-fried, deep-fried, etc... Am I not normal for enjoying intestines so much? I also get a kick out of people getting grossed out when they see me eat links of intestines... ^^

The place I went in to for an awesome pork intestine is just a small neighborhood restaurant. It is so cheap. I just love these little restaurants in my neighborhood where most of the dishes are less than 10,000 won!
I ordered 오돌뼈. not really sure what you call this in English but I think it's some sort of a pork cartilage, very crunchy. Only 6000Won and very spicy. The seasoning is sweet and spicy and the spiciness hits you later.
The highlight of the night...vegetable pork intestines... there's long rice, lots of veggies, I especially like the sesame seed leaves. The aroma of it just makes the whole dish smell scrumptious. This too is spicy and 6000Won. The whole meal only costed us 12,000Won or 8bucks? Try beat this price!
Like most of Korean food, you eat this pork intestines wrapped in lettuce. Definitely softens the spiciness with the lettuce leaves. And of course a shot of soju...
I need to do a review of all the soju brands in Korea soon. I never had so many choices and selections to choose from for soju before. But I know I'm becoming more Korean, when I start calling my soju at the restaurant. My usual pick is 처음처럼 but I really wanna try J next time. ^^

No comments: