Sunday, June 14, 2009

My favorite burger in KOREA ~veggie bulgogi burger~

I'm not a big fan of burgers. I would have cravings here and there but I'm pretty much a rice and a soup kind of girl. But I found a burger that fit my taste buds perfectly. LOTTERIA! I've been to Lotteria in Japan a few times and I really liked their ebi-fry(fried shrimp) burgers. I'm still not sure how the Lotteria in Korea and Japan is related but the menu is definitely different. For example, Veggie Bulgogi Burger? You can only find this in Korea. Apparently they had a bulgogi kimchi burger before it got discontinued... very unfortunate. I would've totally loved that burger too. Anyway, this burger is a rice burger which means instead of a regular bun, they use rice. It's not the plain rice bun that the Mos Burger from Japan serve for their rice burger. This one's more like fried rice bun, where you can see bits of carrots and onions in the rice. Then you have your patty which is seasoned with bulgogi sauce. I was hoping for real bulgogi but I guess that was close enough. I was also nicely surprised to find bacon in the burger. Bacon is always an upgrade for an average burger. Then you have your mayo, lettuce and tomato. I didn't have much expectation but I was really impressed with the burger. It was filling and I definitely felt like I had a full meal. Only disappointment would be their french fries. They need to do something about those fries... bake it or season it or something! But overall, I would go back for more of veggie bulgogi burgers!!!
menu is pretty impressive... some of the interesting burgers they have are like Avocado shrimp burger, spicy love sandwich, Paprika bacon beef, bulgogi-kalbi burger, bulgogi burger, bulgogi and fried chicken combo, and my favorite veggie-bulgogi rice burger. Price range is about 4000 Won to 5,500 Won for a set menu. (about $4)

the wrapping has the ingredients on the side...

close up of the burger. they are pretty generous with mayo here. see the fried rice buns?

1 comment:

uno said...

I am very interested in the article that you created. I am very interested in Korean food I hope someday I can make it yourself