Saturday, February 7, 2009

Indoor Rock Climbing at KU

Steve, who is from Utah is a rock climbing fanatic. Apparently rock climbing is huge in Utah where he's from so he invited all of us in the program to come out and try it out. Conveniently, there's an indoor rock climbing facility in the sports center of our school so here we are getting all the equipments to rock climb!




I learned what rock climbing in Korean was for the first time today. 암벽등반 ambyukdeungban. No one was there so we had the whole place to ourselves. Yay!







Group photo with our equipment on. We look so happy! Thank god for self timer function on the camera.











OK, I'm finally ready to rock climb...

Kelly says: Belay!
Steve says: Belay on!
Kelly says: Climb!
Steve says: Climb on!
















Aigo aigo~
It is harder than it looks. I'm hanging on with all my strength here. You use a lot of your forearm, underarm, shoulder, gluteus and finger muscles. I found out the day after. Ouch~ I really need to exercise and work out regularly.











But I made it to the top! See! My hands are touching the ceiling!

No comments: