Saturday, June 13, 2009

이승철 Lee Seung-Chul CONCERT


My first concert in Seoul...unfortunately this was the day Former President Roh Moo-hyun passed away (May 23, 2009). All of major city and government events were canceled on that day but I was relieved to know this concert was still on. It was held outdoors in the War Museum in Samgakji and although expected, I was still surprised to find mostly middle-aged fans at the conert, revealing how old Lee Seung Chul is. But I'm still proud to say I'm his fan since I find all of his music, timeless. And hearing all the songs that I've heard as a child and the new songs performed live, just made me appreciate his music a little more. At that moment, realized once again, how rich Seoul is in culture and entertainment and felt so lucky to be in Seoul. ^^

This concert was to promote his 10th album Mutopia, which I had bought. ^^ I love all of the songs on there but my favorites are 손톱이 빠져서 and 그런사람또없습니다. I'm posting the videos of these songs that I recorded from the concert. I just can't believe how good he is. You'll mistaken his live voice to be recorded! Enjoy!


그런 사람 또 없습니다 There is no one like that
Please excuse my singing...couldn't help but sing along and it's shaky because I was waving my hand to the music...^^

people lined up to enter the concert...as you can see they are mostly middle-aged folks...
very colorful background...almost psychedelic

reminded me of a Hawaiian Luau with all this fire...

A close-up shot with Lee Seung Chul

No comments: