Monday, May 25, 2009

오모리찌개 Omori Chige

Kimchi Chige is a signature Korean dish after kimchi itself. All the households in Korea eat kimchi chige once or twice a week and this is probably the most ordered dish in a Korean restaurant. What sets this place different from all other Kimchi chige restaurant? This restaurant is famous for only using really old kimchi, over 10 years old. You might think it is gross to be serving something fermented over 10 years but it is almost a delicacy because it is extremely difficult to find kimchi this old. I love this place because I love sour kimchi! And this is as sour as a kimchi can get. The soup had depth and taste that you can't get from a freshly made kimchi. The only thing that was missing was tofu... I like my kimchi chige with it. But I would definitely go back here. This Omori Chige is located in Euljiro near Myongdong. I got lost looking for this place... hope it'll be easier to find next time.




No comments: